Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 8: Moving to Brisbane

A travel day awaited us when we woke up on the 4th. I crammed all of my stuff into my bags, then realized I had more than I brought somehow
. I decided to check my main bag, which they told us would cost $80 per bag. Through some smooth talking and helpless American persuasion, we knocked them down to $24. A two hour Jetstar flight later, we showed up in Brisbane around noon. We found out new accommodations, considerably nicer than our older ones. However, as with all of Australia so far, the Internet does not seem to be of any particular importance to them. There is not even wifi in the building. I am posting this from my phone in a McDonalds (sorry for the misspellings).
We hit the city and found a giant ferris wheel to ride, providing us some great views of the skyline, which really does contain some distinct architecture.

A picture of downtown Brisbane through the window of the  ferris wheel
We decided to save some money and grill on our rooftop pool deck for dinner. Most guys grilled up some Barramundi fillets, but Will, Andrew and I opted for some lamb and feta sausages with some giant rolls for buns. One of the best and least expensive meals I've had so far, as it was great to have everyone up on the roof hanging out and cooking together.
View of our delicious Barramundi, lamb and asparagus

Tomorrow we will be taking a boat tour on the river followed by a tennis match.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like that training in Scouting is getting put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to call this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete